Friday, June 24, 2011

Progress pic

A good start on the pincushion so far. I plan on adding some sparkle to the dragonfly, so I went to my local cross stitch store the Middleford Yarn Shop here in Medford. I found a few of the Kreinik blending filaments I was looking for and some #4 braid as well. Can't have too much sparkle as far as I'm concerned.
This kit is from Anchor and I've not used their threads before but I must say I like the feel and look of them. Recently I ordered from Sewandso.co.uk which is a wonderful British needle and sewing supply website. I got some lovely Anchor color bend threads, which are their versions of DMC variations. I highly recommend them, they are wholly different color combinations than variations but just as lovely. I'll post some photos tomorrow of the threads and sparkley bits.

No comments: