Saturday, July 30, 2011

Best laid plans..

Well I guess my new start will have to remain a mystery a while longer, I don't have all the stash I need to get it started. I bought the wrong color beads for the new project and I need to head back to the cross stitch store to get the right color.

So of course not that I need start a new project besides the one I have going already and the one waiting in the wings, I just had to start another anyway. Here it is...
 It's a pattern from Ink Circles called Namaste. It's the seven chakra wheels of energy in the human body represented by wheels of colored light. The charts are beautiful representations and I can't wait to finish these and with the help of my best friend sew them into a wall hanging.

Here is what the example looks like:
and here is the page for the pattern:

Friday, July 29, 2011

What I've been up to...

As opposed to actually working on any one cross stitch (my bad) I've been working on organizing my massive, out of control thread mountain. I finally bit the bullet a while back and bought some Art Bin Super Slim Satchels to finally organize all my floss and get them numbered and on bobbins. Previously they were in giant zip lock backs tossed into a big storage bin and I had no idea what I had or how much. I got down the serious task of cataloguing what I had and making up lists (LOTS of lists) of what gaps were there. I use regular DMC, Light Effects, Variations in regular and perle and of course yummy hand dyed flosses from Valdani and other companies. Here is some of the progress so far.
All of my bobbins have been numbered and I've wound and wound more bobbins than I can count and I'm still not finished. I think I have done them all from Variegated up the start of the 900's continuously. As I went along I took the cardboard bobbins I had used previously and rewound the thread onto the new plastic bobbins. Hopefully by the end of summer I'll be completely organized and show you my nice neat row upon row of perfect bobbins (let's hope).

Aside from that I did make slight progress on the dragonflies despite not actually stitching more. I found a beautiful batik fabric which will be the backs of the scissor keep and pincushion and the inside fabric of the needle book. The instructions called for the felt included to be used but having cats and open felt just doesn't work. I also found some lovely thick felt to use for the inside pages of the needlebook in a deep blue green. Here are some pics...

I think they go perfectly together and I hope to get them all finished soon. My stitching ethic goes way down in hot weather and today it is 100, same tomorrow. Till then I can dream about my newest obsession and next project which I'll post more about is a hint.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Progress Pic

Here is an update pic of the Anchor Dragonfly set. I started and am in the middle of finishing the needlebook up top there. The front has the dragonfly design with a border, which I then copied the same square border for the back (kit did not call for it). I want to put my initials and the date on the back somehow. I am still searching for the right font and design for that. I should have been finished with the needlebook by now but I got side tracked organizing my floss. I've nearly completed my DMC thread collection and am now waiting for some bobbins and more storage boxes I ordered. As soon as those arrive I'll upload some before and after pics of all my thread FINALLY organized. I am so excited!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mehndi embroidery framed...

but not by me! About a year ago I did a mehndi embroidery as a surprise for one of my favorite people. She got the piece unframed because I knew she'd have the perfect frame for it and here it is all finished. It's hanging in her awesome office she created from scratch that is just so amazing. I'll ask her if I can post pictures of it on the blog soon.