Thursday, June 23, 2011

Got the starting bug..

Despite still working away on What Lies Within I  couldn't stand it and wanted to start some fun smaller projects. I got out my Anchor Treasures kit of three to work on, as well as a Textile Heritage bookmark.
As usual I am changing things a bit to personalize the kit. I plan on using Kreinik Pearl blending filament in the dragonflies wings, as well as some on the dragonfly himself, Krenik 093 blending filament. Also the tassels and cord included aren't anywhere near the right green so I'm making my own cording and tassels out of DMC 4050 Variations Pearl Cotton. I think it'll make it pop.
The bookmark I'm also working on is the Textile Heritage Medieval Garden bookmark kit. I swapped out the blue bookmark included for a white one of the same count as the blue seemed too dark for me. I'll post pics of progress and finishes of these soon.

No comments: