|The invisible cottage..hehe.|
|My plaid roof..|
|Hard to see, the giant schlub next to the bump out on the border..evil little schlub! Throwing off my count..hehe.|
The roof as I said was a more work that usual for two reasons, one either I made a mistake on the chart or the person who stitched the model? I am not sure but it really looks like the Shutter Green and the DMC 3022 symbols are quite a lot alike. The photo example I swear looks like it used Shutter Green in the roof, not the 3022. So when I finished the Shutter Green I finally looked again at the chart and realized my mistake, the chart calls for the 3022. Confusing? Yes! Either way it made for a happy accident in that I went and kept my mistake, and then made a choice to use both the 3022 and 3023 alternately to fill in the roof, vertical rows alternating to fill it in. The result is a plaid pattern that actually I think looks like some roofs I have seen. So that was a happy accident.
What wasn't was the what I call the "joy of schlubs" which happened in the upper left hand corner, I had one strand of the linen that had a giant schlub? in it, which caused the count to be off slightly. Now the flower is going to be a bit off kilter on that corner but if I had gone and done across two strands to even the count it would have looked a lot stranger. I also omitted at least for now the sun, as I continue to flip the clouds. I love these designs so dearly just not into the upside down clouds. From flipping them I ran out of room for the sun as it's called for in the pattern. I might restitch it or I might leave it out, I figure I'll decide when the block is closer to being done.
In other news I'm up to FIFTY followers! When I started this I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in my stitch and craft projects but it's wonderful to know that other fellow stitchers and crafters out there like what I'm doing. I'll try to keep improving as I go along and thanks for the support!