Wednesday, July 11, 2012

August Cottage Floss Toss

OOh I am so excited, August Cottage came in the mail yesterday and I've been gathering my flosses to get started. I've been receiving the monthly auto ship of fabric, chart and specialty threads from ABC Stitch Therapy and bless that place I just love them. Great customer service and great email communications when ever I have questions or comments. Just wanted to give them a shout out as well as my local needleshop Middleford Yarn here in Medford.

I usually end up buying extra skeins of the specialty thread from my local shop as the color dye lots can be so different. As you'll see below, sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. If you want consistency in your pattern to have it come out looking just like the example, sometimes it's a bad thing. I had an issue with a color of GAST that for what I was using it for, it had darkened from the dye lots in previous years and the pattern wouldn't have come out right in those colors. Today though I see those variations as a good thing. I like a choice so to speak, of shades that might suit the little cottage and in this case these greens are great.
Mmm Yummy Beach Colors...

Can't wait to get started..

Three shutter greens, three very different shades. I think I'll use the one on the far left.

Love the purpley blue of these, I think I'll go with the darker one on the right. 

2 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

That's the problem with hand dyes -tho they do stitch up great - pretty colour pallette :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.

Your August Cottage will be lovely with all those colours.
You have done some beautiful stitching.