Sunday, July 29, 2012
August Cottage Finish!!
Well got this one finally done while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 today. This one was so funny in that the more I looked at the chart the more I realized I messed up on the colors. So beyond the roof mentioned in earlier posts, because of the tricky similar symbols I ended up doing the Shutter stripes in ..yep you guessed it Shutter green, which oddly enough isn't what color they're supposed to be. Oh well I dig green so I guess in the end it all worked out. I change so many things anyway I don't know why I worry about misreading the chart colors..lol. I also left off the sun and changed the shell accents. I didn't care for the ones on either side of the house as it felt too crowded, but I did love the idea of the shells between the flowers on the top border. So I did them in satin stitch (sort of modified) and used DMC Variations 4190 to make it look more like a scallop shell. All in all I think it works, and I love this cottage. I have seen that September has been released and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I already have some changes I want to chart for the building. Something about not having a real school bell tower..oh well you'll see..lol. Enjoy your summer and stay cool. (I caught my husbands' nasty summer cold but so far it's being a bit nicer to me.)..