Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Decisions decisions...

I've completed the dark green portion of Ink Circles Shy Violet and now I'm debating on a few things. The model is stitched on Vintage River Willow linen from Lakeside Linens & Designs. I am stitching mine on a piece of cream aida which is either 18 or 16ct (bit of a mystery piece floating around my stash). The piece calls for a cream thread accent using GAST buttermilk, but instead because I used cream fabric I'm thinking of filling in the green with a green that matches the River Willow color much like the model. The color match is either DMC 522 or 523. I'd leave the cream accents unstitched so the cream fabric shows through. The other change I'm thinking of is the GAST Sugarplum changed out for Valdani Mauve Orchid. I really like that deep purple color. I still might use Sugarplum as I'm also thinking of stitching this three times in a row, maybe dark purple in the middle and the lighter on either side? Oh I always do this to myself instead of stitching what it calls for I play with the colors...Decisions decisions...






No comments: