Monday, October 24, 2011

Bent Creek Peace Be With You start


Right after I finished Shy Violet I started this small Bent Creek kit Peace Be with You. It came with the pattern, fabric and three stoneware buttons to sew on once the piece is stitched. I LOVE this one. I went ahead and got the thread for this, which is GAST Dried Thyme which was for the leaves. The pattern is from 2004 and the colors I think have changed a bit since then. The skein I purchased at my LNS was almost pastel compared to the more olive color on the model. I swapped it out for Valdani Olives which is a nice compliment to the WDW Chesapeake and Teal Frost. I also used WDW Molasses which I got for another Bent Creek pattern I'll be doing later for the GAST Dark Chocolate since they were so similar and I already had the Molasses. Can you tell I'm thread happy?
I'm seriously in love with Valdani threads, they are so great to work with, really nice colors and the skein is twice the length of WDW and GAST for the same price. So far I've used three different colors in two projects and I'm going to get more in the future. I can't say enough good things about Valdani thread. I'm also hooked on Bent Creek as well. I found quite a few patterns that I love and got a good price. I have another one of these Bent Creek Stoneware kits on the way and I can't wait to get these done. They are really fun to stitch.

No comments: