Sunday, November 3, 2013

My In Between Project

Before I start the Frosty Forest series from Country Cottage Needleworks I thought I'd do something while I wait for the pattern to come out in mid November. I have Joan Elliott's Wit and Wisdom book and I've wanted to do something out of it for a while now. I thought about it and decided to do the peacock and mandala part of Eastern Promise. The larger piece is stunning and someday I think I'll do the whole thing but for the time I have a small piece like this is perfect. My goal is a needlebook and if I get it done quick enough maybe add a scissor fob to it as well. The fabric I'm using is from Stephy's Fabby's called Meadow in 28ct Cashel opalescent linen. I am a member of her Fabric of the Month since last year at this time so I had quite a few fabrics to choose from in my stash. This one just fit the colors I think. It's a fun little piece and it's going fast. Here is my start pic from a few days ago. I've gotten quite a bit further since then and I'll post more pics of my progress in a day or so.

No comments: