I am so excited; I received the Liebster blog award from Danielle at Peace, Love and Stitch. I also just reached 20 followers which is awesome!
Liebster is a german word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
My award recipients are as follows:
1. Lara’s Loose Threads I love this blog, she is a great stitcher and is a Tudor history buff.
2. Gracewood Stitches Gracewood is a designer of cross stitch patterns that I just love and her photos of the animals and beauty around her home always inspire me.
3. Raven’s Stitching Nest Fun blog, love her stitch work.
4. Tickled Pink in Stitches Great stitching blog and love her photographs of her adventures with friends and family.
5. The Musing Badger Fantastic stitcher, love her work and her choice of designs.
My five random facts about myself:
1. I’m a collect-a-holic that collects way too many things. My collections include, wax seals, cobalt blue glass, antique needlebooks, children’s horse books, Victorinox swiss army knives and a few others things.
2. I’m an equine artist who draws and paints horses. As soon as I could hold a pencil I was drawing horses and I haven’t stopped since.
3. I’ll be 40 at the end of this year and I’m still a big kid. I have two giant tubs of Lego sets and add to my Lego collection every so often. There is something completely fun about breaking open a new box and putting a set together.
4. I met my husband Steve on the internet about 13 years ago. He is from Australia and we chatted for ten years before he came to visit for vacation and we fell in love. We’ll be married two years in September.
5. I’m in a wheelchair, have been since around 4th grade. I have a condition that’s named after me and so far medical experts haven’t found anyone else with it. I had my foot amputated in 2003 and almost died from my condition in 2008. I’ve outlived the Dr’s predictions for me for 25 years. I’m expecting I’ll live to be 200..hehe.
I actually got some work done too last night and I really like how the purples are blending. I can’t wait to get this one finished just so I can start May. I saw the floss list and gathered up my thread and just love the colors. I swore I’d only stitch these Cottages in the month they are in but they are too addictive..lol.