Monday, January 30, 2012

March isn't even here yet but...

I've already assembled my floss toss. I found the list of flosses called for on ABC Stitch Therapy where I'm getting the auto ship of the cottages. March is on it's way and I can't wait to start on it, with a few changes. Here is the original floss toss...

The prescribed colors are okay, for some reason I had it my head that the greens were a bit greener in the sample photo. The pink I thought was more peach, which after February I was actually liking the peach color. So I made a few substitutions that I think I will stick with when I start stitching. Here is my alternative floss toss...

I've swapped out 3347 for Weeks Dye Works Envy, as well as swapping 3348 the lighter green for DMC 704. I thought they were a bit brighter. For the pink DMC 947 I switched to DMC 352 which is much more peachy than pink which I like. The DMC 744 is now swapped out for DMC Variations 4100 which still has some yellow but also some of the same peach colors as the DMC 352. I kept the WDW Pecan and the white and dark DMC 3031. These may change if I start stitching and it seems off but hopefully they'll come together the way I'm hoping.

I also made a start on my Ink Circles Love Letters Art Nouveau. I participate on their SAL Blog and had fallen off a couple of months stitching Cottages. When March gets here I'll just rotate.

1 comment:

Adria said...

Thanks for the suggestions for changing colors on the March cottage. I too changed the colors as they were too light and had too much yellow hues in them. So I switched them out for ones with more blue on them. I am quite pleased with the results.

I am going to change the pink into more of a peachy color. Thank you for that suggestion.