Saturday, May 28, 2011

Making a lot of progress

I started a new cross stitch after finishing Let it Bee. This one is another small Dimensions kit, Tuscan Sunflower. This is such a fun kit, the colors are like a subdued rainbow palette. I am omitting the butterfly in the corner of the design because to my eye it just doesn't go with the motif. After I finish I may or may not add "La Dolce Vita" in the corner or some kind of text to fill that corner space. This will be the first time I've used a Q-Snap frame as well, which I'm getting used to. I love the idea that the whole area of design is open to do and not limited by hoop sizes. The only trouble I've found with the frame is the diameter of the tubes which makes it difficult to try to run the thread under to finish when it's close to the frame. I might have to get a thread puller to accomplish that. Here is what I've gotten done over the last two weeks.

No comments: